Are you detail-oriented person who enjoys contributing to a dynamic and fast-paced team? Based at our International Headquarters in Boone, North Carolina, Samaritan's Purse is searching for an Operational Systems Specialist, Emergency Medical Response to serve with our International Health Unit.
The International Health Unit is a team called to deliver the hope and healing of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth through innovative, reproducible, and quality health care in Samaritan's Purse disaster responses. This role will serve in the implementation emergency medical response activities through planning, inventory management, and logistics. If you are looking for a Career with Impact, we invite you to apply today!
- Maintain readiness and be available to deploy on medical Disaster Assistance Response Teams (DART) to support medical supply operations. This includes deployment set-up and mentoring new medical logistics staff.
- Monitor pre-staged inventories, generate Purchase Requests (PRs) as needed, and following up on supplier shipments to ensure order fulfilment.
- Maintain emergency medical response Bill of Material.
- Oversee emergency medical response Change Management processes.
- Support the International Health Unit (IHU) Operations Manager to develop and improve the operational capacities of the Emergency Medical Response (EMR) program and various response options from program design through deployment.
- Support the International Health Unit (IHU) Operations Manager with Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) training on set-up for operational and medical logistics Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) members.
- Work closely with International Field Office programs, as requested by field offices, on medically unique supply chain functions.
WE ASK THAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field required.
- Three years of experience in operations or supply chain management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of experience working internationally, strongly preferred.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies, strongly preferred.
- Ability and desire to mentor national staff in Samaritan's Purse field offices by utilizing training and coaching skills.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and Power Point.
- Able to deploy internationally for up to four weeks during disaster response activities.
- Career with impact!
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Twelve or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan's Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world's standard while serving the purposes of God's kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible