The candidate for the Coverage/Budget Analyst position will be responsible for reading a clinical trial protocol to conduct a coverage analysis and build a budget for negotiation. The Coverage/Budget Analyst will have/develop the expertise to address billing compliance and budget-related questions/issues.
- Triage incoming protocols for coverage analysis and budget build
- Perform detailed coverage analysis for clinical trials based on CMS Policy, NCDs, LCDs, Drug Compendia, etc.
- Develop, review, and negotiate clinical trial budgets
- Responds to coverage analysis, billing compliance, and budget-related questions
- Detailed oriented with organizational skills to cross-check multiple sources of information
- Communicates effectively in writing and orally to appropriately tailor messages for the audience
- Actively listen and comprehend with critical thinking to select the best method to address billing compliance issues and negotiate budgets
- Has a Bachelor's degree with 2-5 years experience
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Experience in coverage analysis and budgeting, preferably 2+ years in clinical trials (oncology)
- Knowledge in CPT Coding is a plus
- Understands billing/regulatory compliance guidelines