. Leads management team by providing guidance, direction, and opportunity to ensure that every guest who chooses Culver's® leaves happy. Responsible for the operational and financial success of restaurant
- Leads team to increase business sales and net profit to meet the annual budget while attaining the mission.
- Ensures the preparation and review of daily summary report against daily control totals from cash register system ensuring accuracy.
- Ensures accurate preparation of weekly operations report based on the daily summary report.
- Ensures completion and daily follow-up of weekly schedule and daily deployment based on budget forecasts to meet system labor percentages.
- Maintains controllable costs based on system averages.
- Maintains and controls product inventory according to business needs.
- Ensures the completion and documentation of food temperatures and product rotation as described in the Quality Control/Safe Food Checklist and Product Rotation Report.
- Ensures Effective training and demonstration of food safety practices.
- Ensures product quality and portion control to meet system standards.
- Maintains and supports risk management team in implementation of safety standards that apply to Culver's hazard communication program and overall team and guest safety and health.
- Supervises the hiring and orientation of all team members.
- Supervises the initial, as well as ongoing training and development of all team members according to procedures.
- Develops the management skills of the management team.
- Coaches and mentors all team members providing incidence documentation as necessary.
- Evaluates management performance annually and supervises bi-annual team member performance appraisals.
- Provides wage adjustments based on performance standards.
- Ensures restaurant compliance with Federal and State labor laws.
- Enrolls team members eligible for the group benefit program.
- Ensures policies are enforced consistently for each team member.
- Conducts weekly management meetings to keep managers informed on system changes and/or enhancements.
- Schedules a minimum of four team member meetings on an annual basis to keep team informed on system changes and/or developments. Uses these meetings to ensure the system standards of quality and guest service are consistently maintained.
- Ensures consistent uniform and appearance standards of team members.
- Maintains timely and effective communication among team members concerning restaurant information.
- Consistently maintains excellence in guest relations including prompt follow up on guest comment cards.
- Supervises to ensure guests consistently receive quality product in five minutes for in house and four minutes for drive-thru. Supervises routine service time checks to ensure this is accomplished.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of equipment and repairs.
- Ensures the cleaning, organizing, maintaining and follow-up of restaurant and grounds using visitation and full field reports.
- Ensures daily restaurant tours have been performed before and after each shift.
- Develops and maintains a relationship within the community as a partner in local marketing events.
- Demonstrates positive and effective role modeling for all team members through appearance and attitude.
- Attends all manager skills classes and effectively applies information learned to the restaurant operations.
- Routinely checks e-mail and extranet (twice per shift) and responds as necessary.
- Ensures the accurate implementation of new products and procedures.
- Ensures office, files and restaurant postings are maintained correctly, according to federal, state and system standards.
- Coordinates and implements restaurant policies and procedures to all team members.
- EDUCATION: College graduate with a degree in hotel and restaurant management or equivalent experience. Certified in a national food safety program.
- EXPERIENCE: Five years experience in a supervisory position. Certified in-store trainer in all areas.
- COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with person's qualifications and will reflect present market for a position of similar responsibilities.
- Stand Constantly
- Walk Constantly
- Sit Occasionally
- Handling Constantly
- Lift / carry 10 lbs or less Constantly
- Lift / carry 11-20 lbs Constantly
- Lift / carry 21-50 lbs Frequently
- Lift / carry 51-100 lbs Occasionally
MANAGEMENT LEADERSHIP SUCCESS FACTORS
- COMMUNICATION: Verbal, written, presentations to others; communication up – same level – direct reports; inclusive, honest, direct, timely; clear, concise; confronts the brutal facts; delivers ideas for solutions with problems.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT: Taking initiative, supportive of change; reacts quickly and appropriate; sets a good example as a role model in accepting change, executing change initiatives and following through to insure changes are effective.
- DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING: Uses judgment, common sense and sensitivity in addressing issues; gathers appropriate information and seeks input from cross functional team members; collaborates with others to insure that decisions are made with consideration for impact on others; makes timely and fair decisions; able to make tough decisions when necessary.
- INNOVATION, CREATIVITY & VISION: Seeks new ways to improve efficiency, effectiveness, quality; achieves extra-ordinary results with ordinary resources.
- PLANNING (short and long term): Organized and able to establish priorities, required resources; delivers the desired results; manages multiple deadlines and priorities; insures that planning involves cross-functional team members to assess impact of deadlines and utilization of resources.
- ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Builds effective relationships with both external (guests and vendors) and internal (team members) stakeholders, and between levels, teams and across functions. Supports and cooperates with other teams, negotiates and has the ability to influence others.
- BUILDS AND SUSTAINS A HIGH PERFORMANCE TEAM: Selects the right people for the right job. Develops team members, provides training and development to support their success; empowers team members to make decisions while minimizing risks; provides measurable feedback in a timely manner; retains valuable talent and builds the effectiveness of the team as a whole. Plays like a champion
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Walks the talk. Delivers results on time and at the quality level promised.