- Continuously develop the organization into an excellent, modern, and well-run DC
- Develop, implement, and engrain LEAN processes that create and promote a continuous improvement environment where employees are involved and committed to the success of the company
- Actively support and take ownership of the new SAP processes and change management in the warehouse
- Lead operational efficiency initiatives with a data-driven and results oriented approach, in line with the company's strategic objectives
- Ensure KPI's are set in line with Group Policy and communicate the KPI's on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to achieve high performance as it relates to Customer Service, Productivity, Safety and Quality
- Work closely with employees to communicate and educate on work instructions
- Ensure standardization and sharing of best practices across the Distribution Center
- Deliver timely, accurate, efficient and safe coordination and execution of all inbound and outbound activities (including receipting, put-away, picking, packing, shipping, kitting and claim, surplus and supplier/customer return handling)
- Manage the company's physical assets including but not limited to warehouse equipment such as forklifts, cherry pickers, palletizers, stretch wrappers, scales, facilities dock doors, pallets, racking and storage systems are properly controlled, maintained, protected and utilized
- Implement and maintain the warehouse 5S program to make sure the warehouse is "tour ready" at all times
- Plan and control all warehouse expenses and purchases of consumable materials
- Deliver superior customer service towards customers and internal partners by delivering on our commitments
- Ensure compliance with Group Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures identified in the Atlas Copco Way We do Things and the Quality, Environmental, Management System
- Uphold the Atlas Copco Business Code of Practice to ensure the highest of ethical Behavior with external vendors, suppliers, customers
- Interact with internal customers on a regular basis in order for customer feedback to support drive process improvement
- Identify and recommend efficient head count requirements in line with demand
- Attract, retain, and grow/develop the best talent: focus on both existing employees as well as future employees
- Identify training needs and set and implement cross training plans to promote staff development and minimize leave/absence disruptions.
- Set employee performance objectives, measuring performance, identifying performance gaps, and taking action to maximize productivity and service levels
- Identify, train, and develop employees with potential to grow within the Atlas Copco Group
- Drive a team culture that is committed to safe workplace practices and maintain a high level of safety awareness.
- Implement communicate, and enforce adherence to, warehouse safety policies and traffic management guidelines to guarantee the safety of warehouse staff, office staff, and visitors and contractors
- Promote and maintain a high level of environmental awareness within the team, through the implementation of environmentally sustainable work practices
What we expect of you?
- At least 10 years of operational experience
- 5 or more years of previous management experience in a high-volume distribution center
- 5 or more years of expertise with LEAN methodologies
- WMS exposure and knowledge required
- SAP experience preferred
- Experience managing budgets and expenses (operating and capital).
- Project Management experience
- Strong MS Office and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive employee, customer and cross-functional team relations
- Ability to effectively promote and lead change
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skill with the ability to drive results
- Understanding of OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Stress resistant multi-tasker
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics
What you can expect from us?
- An inviting, family-like atmosphere
- New challenges and opportunities to learn every day
- Opportunities for professional development
- Outstanding company benefits
We at Atlas Copco believe that there is always a better way. This spirit drives us to provide leading edge technology, innovative and sustainable products, as well as best in class service to our customers around the globe.
That's where you come in – we believe our people make it happen. We provide a collaborative, inclusive and flexible work environment along with competitive compensation and comprehensive wellness & benefits programs.
Drive your Career, Explore Opportunities, Realize your Passion . . .
Start your journey today!
Atlas Copco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or status within any other group that is protected by anti-discrimination laws.
Accessibility Notice: If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (973)397-3400. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.