Camp Lemonnier: Site Manager
IDS believes in resolving conflict, building innovative approaches to do so. Combining operational expertise with an intimate understanding of today's greatest challenges, we bring our customers the solutions required for success in a complex and multidimensional world. IDS tailors solutions for a diverse range of government, military, nonprofit, and public-sector clients.
Outstanding past performance built IDS's reputation as the leading provider of support for multifaceted operations.
IDS is looking for a Site Manager to oversee the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Warehousing and Distribution operations. This role is contingent upon award and will be located at Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa.
- The Site Manager shall possess the knowledge and skills required to plan, control, manage, and successfully complete the work.
- The Site Manager shall provide overall supervision of employees to include, but not limited to, planning and managing the contract professionally; ensuring that work is scheduled properly to obtain maximum use of resources; ensuring that accurate and timely reports are provided; effective supervision to prevent inefficient or wasteful methods in the performance of services ordered; and execute cost saving factors and quality controls to ensure work is performed as scheduled and at a fair and reasonable cost.
- The Site Manager shall provide overall management coordination and serve as the central point of contact (POC) with the Government for all work under the contract.
- Bachelor's degree in Distribution Management, Business Management, or Business Administration.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Distribution Management, or at least ten years of progressive management experience in distribution operations similar in size and complexity to the operation offered in this contract.
- Hold an active Secret clearance (or higher).
- Experience shall include as a minimum three (3) years' experience using automated warehouse management systems within the past five (5) years.
- Working knowledge of automated property accounting systems, property policies, procedures, and applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) criteria.
- Must be able to work in an austere environment where living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions.
- Must be able to meet the medical deployment requirements IAW CENTCOM MOD15.
- Prior U.S. Military or Government employee who has managed a Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) warehouse.
- Prior experience and knowledge of DLA's Distribution Standards System (DSS) and the Army's Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-Army).
IDS's competitive benefit package starts you off out on the right foot. Eligibility begins day one.
- Health and Well-being - 100% of employee medical and other insurance premiums are paid by IDS.
- Financial Future – 401(k) with an industry leading match and no waiting period. You are fully vested in all contributions from the start.
- Paid Leave - Generous time off accruals for you to take paid leave, totaling five weeks.
- Professional Development – networking opportunities, informal mentoring, education reimbursement and access to thousands of online professional development resources.
- Casual, fun, and supportive work environment with all the tools and amenities you need to thrive.
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
If you are unable to apply through the portal and need to speak to someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email email@example.com and we will follow up with you. Do not submit resumes and applications through this email.