We are looking for a Revenue Accounting Collections/Billing Specialist to join our Accounting team. The Revenue Accounting Collections/Billing Specialist will be responsible for assigned account collections and billing for Epes Transport System, LLC. This person will be responsible for the continual maintenance of all identified accounts to ensure an accurate reflection of the state of each account.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Prefer three-six months of collection experience
- Good accurate data entry skills (6000-6500 keystrokes/hr)
- AS 400 experience preferred
- EDI knowledge and experience preferred
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- No conviction of felonies, serious crime or have charges pending. However, a conviction is not an automatic disqualification of employment.
- Ability to work independently. Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Ability to plan and organize work load. Ability to handle very detailed information.
- Ability and flexibility to handle work pressure and work with interruptions.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Willingness to learn and accept responsibility.
- Handles collection inquiries to customers that have past due freight invoices. Audits invoice balances for accuracy and generates Balance Due Invoice where necessary.
- Alerts Manager of Revenue Accounting on customers that are unresponsive to collection processes.
- Audits all payment discrepancies received in a timely manner.
- Adjusts any errors to the appropriate accounts with the approval of the Manager of Revenue Accounting when necessary.
- Assists with General Commodity billing as needed to support business requirements.
- Notifies Credit & Collections Supervisor and/or Manager of Revenue Accounting of any rating discrepancies to assist in assuring the accuracy of the automated rating system.
- Responsible for meeting goals of:
- 90% of accounts receivable current at actual pay term
Striving for 0% over 90 days past date of invoice.
- Responsible for sending weekly, monthly or as needed aging reports to assigned accounts.
- Collaborates with Customer Service on broker freight to ensure proper documentation for accessorial charges to assist in collection process.
- Assist with building new customers and bill codes as needed.
- Assists with other duties related to scanning, indexing, switchboard relief, etc. as assigned by Manager of Revenue Accounting and/or Controller.
- Demonstrates support to the Epes Transport System, LLC Quality Management System and its objectives, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as may become necessary or assigned.
Epes Transport is dedicated to providing quality transportation services. Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of our service to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. Continuous improvement in quality is the means we will use to ensure reasonable profits and long term growth.
Epes Transport System, LLC is the largest private trucking company in North Carolina.