Close Window Respiratory Therapist II - Full-time
Respiratory Care / Full-Time / 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM (Posted 06/24/2020)
Evaluates patients in therapy and advises physicians on appropriate therapy modalities. Provides respiratory care to patients through administration of therapeutic gases and drugs, and by setting up and monitoring respirators and other devices. Patient population includes neo-nates, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
Education and Credentials Required:
- Must have a current NC RCP license.
- Graduate of an AMA approved Respiratory Care Program, RRT required.
- BCLS certification. If the BCLS certification is not from the American Heart Association (AHA), an AHA certification is required within three months of employment date.
- ACLS, PALS, NRP certified within one year of employment.
- Complete annual department competency testing and classes. Complete annual department and medical center mandatory education requirements.
- Expected to teach and coordinate one in-service per year (subject to be approved by Clinical Director). Work independently in at least two of the following clinical areas: ED, floor therapy, CCU, NICU.
Membership in AARC.
No previous experience required.
One year experience.