Responsibilities for this Position
Advanced Software Engineer
Job ID: 2020-44764
Required Clearance: Secret, obtainable within 24 months
Posted Date: 6/19/2020
Employment Type: Full Time
Hiring Company: General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense secret security clearance is desired within 24 months at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems is seeking energetic, motivated software engineers to join our team! If you love to code, enjoy learning, and find motivation in the mission your work supports, we are the team for you! This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Performs software requirements analysis, participates in research, designs, develops and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products
- Codes, tests, integrates and documents software solutions
- Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the development of complex software and architectures
- Participates in internal review of software components and systems
- Independently determines approach to solutions
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained
- Contributes and accountable to the completion of major programs and projects
- Provides leadership and/or direction to lower level employees and teams
- Builds stable working relationships internally
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel
- Travel may be required
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO BRING TO THE TABLE: KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Real Time development, Networking, TCP/UDP sockets, Multicasting
- Proficiency in developing in Linux and Windows environments
- Proficient knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control (GitLab, Subversion), task management (JIRA), defect reporting
- Understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Familiarity with UML, model driven development and test driven design
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with the following (desirable but not required): AndroMDA code generation framework, MATLAB, shell scripts, Maven, Jenkins, virtual machines, containers
ATTITUDES & BEHAVIORS OUR HIGH PERFORMERS EXHIBT:
- Detailed and proficient knowledge of technology trends and champions new ideas and product and process improvements
- Self-motivation, engagement, continuous learning and looking for ways to improve yourself and our products/processes/others
- Initiative on assignments and observed gaps (helping outside primary responsibilities)
- Effectively participate on Integrated Product Teams as a both a software individual contributor and team lead/mentor
- Proficient written and verbal communications skills
- An open mind and personal disposition. Ability to give and take constructive feedback cheerfully for the purposes of continuous improvement.
- Proficient ability to use the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran