Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to conduct and oversee business-specific projects that are medium-to-large in size and highly complex by applying cross-functional (or deep functional) expertise in project management. This includes responsibilities for managing projects end-to-end through the planning, development, execution, and implementation stages, while adhering to Lowe's enterprise project practices. Overall, this role contributes to projects that ultimately drives business and financial value and provides wide-scale improvements across the business.
- Delivers multiple medium to large projects that are moderately complex or one to three medium to large highly complex project from planning to minimum realization with full responsibility and accountability for the business outcomes through consistent communication with project stakeholders and personnel.
- Develops, analyzes, and manages all touch points of the project plan including responsibility for scheduling, global resource forecasting, managing project financials, and providing input and justification for costs and budget impact.
- Monitors and controls the overall project performance (timeline, budget, and resource utilization) against plan and looks to the project team to implement adjustments when issues are identified and require resolution.
- Directs and coordinates the development of requests for information (RFI) and vendor requests for proposal (RFP) processes, working with appropriate stakeholders to provide input.
- Drives the work of for complex and large project teams by recommending or requesting resources to support project demands, communicates a clear vision of business project goals and objectives, and provides functional expertise input for deliverables worked on by the team.
- Holds project teams accountable for meeting or exceeding expectations by coordinating team activities, managing milestones and deliverables, providing performance feedback to team members' supervisors and guidance on smaller less complex projects managed by Project Managers.
- Controls and mitigates project risks by performing the qualitative and quantitative analysis of risks and trigger events, planning risk response, establishing contingency plans, anticipating dependencies affected by ongoing project changes, and recommending ways to mitigate future risks to management.
- Manages the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse project stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships with internal customers, third party vendors, and senior management.
- Supervises direct reports and manages designated work stream to meet customer and business needs by translating business plans into tactical action items and provides training and development opportunities for lower level project managers.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on key metrics (i.e. deliverables, financials, duration, benefits) and communicating findings to program managers and top management.
- Collaborates with and is accountable to the Program Manager for the management, delivery and outcomes of assigned projects within the program.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 6+ years' experience in business, including 3+ years managing projects. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- 6+ years' experience working on and/or managing project(s) involving the implementation of project life cycle methodologies (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, process management, organizational change).
- 4+ years' experience developing project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) / User Stories used to create project schedules and estimates.
- Experience managing operational or project financial budgets and leading project teams.
- Master's Degree, MBA or related field.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or other project/program management certification.
- 4+ years' experience in project planning and coordination and working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional business solutions.
- 2+ years' experience using formal business process improvement methodologies.
Business PMO experiences in Store Operations or Omni-retail environments
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply Now Saved Jobs Email Job