QR Code Link to This Post
Hurricane Mo's in Kitty Hawk is looking for an enthusiastic, qualified head chef/kitchen manager. Ideal candidate should be fully capable in all aspects of working and managing the back house of a busy, year round, restaurant.
-Compensation will be discussed in detail and is based on ability & experience.
-Additional bonuses are available based on performance.
-Two weeks paid vacation.
Reply via email with cover letter and resume, or stop in and ask for Matt.
- Planning and directing food preparation for menu and specialty items
- Assisting with menu modifications
- Estimating food requirements and controlling food/labor costs
- Managing, recruiting, coordinating, and supervising entire kitchen staff
- Arranging for kitchen equipment purchases and repairs
- Rectify arising problems or complaints involved with the back of the house
- Performing administrative duties
- Complying with nutrition and sanitation regulations
- Maintaining a positive, professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven working experience as a head chef
- Excellent record of kitchen management
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Keep up with cooking trends
Hurricane Mo's is a very busy, but small restaurant. This is a hands on position. Not much paperwork and office work. Applicant should be comfortable with any job in the kitchen, including cooking on line, prep work and occasionally helping out in the dish room.