What You'll Be Doing
The Wake County Emergency Operations Center is seeking enthusiastic Public Health Assistants to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. These positions will be benefits eligible, will have premium pay built into your initial offer of employment and have an expected duration until November 30, 2020. As a Public Health Assistant, you will support local and state efforts to fight the spread of COVID-19.
About Our Team
Wake County Government is seeking people who are passionate about helping their community including our citizens, visitors and local businesses during this national emergency. On March 5, 2020, Wake County opened its Emergency Operations Center (EOC) to ramp up the county's response efforts to fight the COVID-19 pandemic. The EOC is responsible for creating strategies, managing resources, directing emergency operations and coordinating efforts with municipalities, the State and other partners. The EOC is made up by a coalition of multiple departments performing as a single Team. Working together, utilizing the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS) structure, the Team is an efficient response organization. The EOC needs your help to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our community members, and we have immediate opportunities available for healthcare and administrative workers including Nurses, Epidemiology Specialists, Public Health Assistants, Public Health Tracers and Call Monitors and even Logistics opportunities. If you are ready to rise to this unprecedented challenge, the Wake County EOC would love to meet you!
The Basics (Required Education and Experience)
- Associate's degree in Business Administration, Office Administration or related field.
- Two years of experience in administrative support
- Equivalent education or experience is accepted
Beyond the Basics (Preferred Education and Experience)
- Experience in a public health or human services department, hospital, doctors office or other medical facility
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Bilingual language skills are a plus
How Will We Know You're 'The One'?
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely either verbally or in writing
- Persistence to partner with appropriate staff to obtain information and resolve issues
- Ability to utilize office equipment and other relevant technology, software and systems to
- Polite, courteous and friendly phone etiquette
- Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others
- Enjoys participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of goals
- Ability to deal with high-stress situations calmly and effectively
- Ability to accomplish tasks and processes accurately and completely
About This Position
Location: Several locations are available. Locations may change depending upon staffing needs in other areas under direction of the Emergency Operations Center
Employment Type: Positions are time limited (Ends November 30, 2020) and benefits eligible
Work Schedule: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Mon - Fri; overtime may be required
Hiring Range: $17.49 - $23.60 - Includes premium pay
Posting Closing Date: This position is open until filled
What Makes Wake Great
Home to the State Capital, Wake County is one of the fastest growing areas in the nation and the second-most populous county in the state, with approximately 1,000,000 residents. The County has received national and international rankings and accolades from publications such as Money, Fortune, and Time magazines as being one of the best places to live, work and play. The central location of the County allows for a short drive to the spectacular mountains or coast. Wake County Government is governed by a seven-member Board of Commissioners, who are elected at-large to serve four-year terms. Wake County Government has a general operating budget of $1.3 billion, employs approximately 4,200 employees, experiences minimal turnover, and is an award-winning leader in wellness and technology initiatives; such as offering employees and covered spouses free access to the Employee Health Center. Wake County Government offers a wide range of training and development opportunities, a stable career in public service with a balance of work and family life, flexible work schedules and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Position may require a background check that may include: criminal, credit, motor vehicle, education, and sexual offender registry or others based on job requirements. Unless required by state law, a record of conviction will not automatically exclude you from consideration for employment. Wake County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer.