Nature and scope
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Housekeeper maintains assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established procedures and as directed by the Executive Director. The highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is to be maintained at all times.
- One-year related experience in a similar environment with on-the-job training preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Ability to remain calm under stressful situations.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
- Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others and local, state and federal laws.
- Must practice and promote Company Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
- Must meet all health requirements.
- Must complete DHSR Infectious Disease Training.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Follow cleaning schedule and instructions as directed by supervisor, including resident rooms and public areas.
- Sweep and vacuum all assigned areas.
- Clean and/or polish all room furnishings, fixtures, ledges, heating/air conditioning units in resident rooms and all public areas.
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting and deodorizing.
- Clean all community showers, toilets, sinks, counter tops, and baseboards, stock with paper towels, toilet paper, soap and shampoo.
- Clean and check model rooms and work in concert with the Executive Director to ensure that all incoming residents' rooms are cleaned and ready for move-in.
- Clean all hallways, stairways and elevators as necessary.
- Clean carpets using extractor as scheduled or needed.
- Clean employee break area when necessary.
- Empty trash in offices and public areas.
- Submit maintenance work orders of general maintenance concerns and/or problems to the Executive Director.
- Report to Executive Director any unsafe/hazardous conditions within the community and any needed repairs to housekeeping or other facility equipment.
- Keep janitor closets and housekeeping supply rooms clean and orderly.
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Plant Operations Director.