Praxair, Inc. is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.praxair.com.
Praxair Distribution Inc. is seeking a Cylinder Processor to join our team located in Whitsett, NC.
The Cylinder Processor - Warehouse Associate will be responsible for filling, labeling & preparing low pressure packaged gas cylinders and the Cylinder Processor - Warehouse Associate will also operate and maintain the cryogenic liquid filling system. The Cylinder Processor - Warehouse Associate role at Praxair Distribution, Inc. is physically demanding and requires attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety.
Cylinder Processor - Warehouse Associate
- Processes medical and industrial gas cylinders using established plant guidelines and procedures
- Performs visual, physical and odor tests on cylinders before filling and determines whether retesting and/or repairs are required
- Checks for cylinder quantities, styles and product, and fill any necessary product
- Loads and unloads product from weekly shuttle truck
- Operates and maintains cylinder scales and associated equipment
- Prepares warehouse transfer orders and accompanying paperwork for shipment and keys into the computer the quantities, styles and products filled in order to justify the stock inventory
- Completes and maintains quality control documentation as per company and Governmental procedures
- Operates a fork lift truck and other plant vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree/GED required
- 2 yrs experience in plant or manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong mechanical background desired
- Qualified candidate must possess good leadership, problem solving, communication, and organizational skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.