Thank you for your interest in joining our team! We hire right, train smart, empower our employees to make decisions, and provide ample opportunities for growth and ultimate success.
CGB Diversified Services, a subsidiary of CGB Enterprises, Inc, is an industry leader in helping farmers manage risk. Founded in 1969, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain, transportation, and risk management industries. The combination of our assets provides a growing organization that is celebrating over 50 years of strength and stability!
CGB DS consists of 2 areas – DSA, the internal agency which sells policies and DCIS, the operations unit that services the policies. CGB Diversified Services is now the fastest growing crop insurance provider in the country, but we have never lost sight of what is truly important - the farmers we serve.
Are you an experienced crop insurance adjuster or have a background in the ag industry and are looking to join a stable and innovative organization? If so, this could be the job for YOU!
This job is primarily responsible for adjusting both multi-peril crop insurance (MPCI) and private products claims within a given territory. Servicing customers (both policyholders and agents) is the top priority.
In this job, you will:
Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type of customer supported.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with policyholders, agents, and other adjusters.
- Record and transmit loss information to accurately determine potential damages in accordance to established loss adjustment procedures.
- Complete field inspections, read maps, measure fields and storage bins.
- Utilize company software.
- Follow FCIS, State, and company rules and regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Report to an Area Claims Supervisor.
- Work out of a home office.
- Complete initial and ongoing training as required by FCIC and State Regulations.
- Ability to read maps and aerial photographs.
- Measure fields and storage bins.
- Discuss findings of crop loss with farmers.
- Perform fact-finding and investigate crop damage, record information, and transmit information to accurately determine potential indemnities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here's what you'll need to be considered:
Required - High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred – Bachelor's degree in agriculture.
Required – None.
Preferred – 2 years' experience handling crop insurance claims.
Required – Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
Required – CAPP License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Ability to complete documentation requirements.
- Ability to utilize analytical thinking; find facts and solve problems.
- Ability to remain self-motivated and efficient.
- Ability to work both in an office setting and outdoors in a farm environment.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of crop insurance regulations, policies, procedures and best practices.
- Works effectively under pressure and able to work within tight deadlines.
- Willingness to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize.
Here's additional information you need to know:
- This is a FULL-TIME, remote position that will be based out of Fargo, ND or Grand Forks, ND.
- Travel, up to 50% travel required; most travel is within 2 hours driving distance of the assigned home office. Some out of town travel may be required for trainings/meetings.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and it's subsidiary Diversified Crop Insurance Services is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer. EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.