This position is located with the Security Forces of the North Dakota Air National Guard within the Office of the Adjutant General in Fargo, ND. The purpose of the position is to perform duties required in the protection of North Dakota Air National Guard and United States Air Force personnel, property and equipment.
- Control traffic entering the installation, verify and direct visitors to the proper location and inspect/search vehicles entering the installation.
- Ensure the main gate facility is kept clean and functional with an adequate supply of required equipment and forms.
- Issue temporary visitor/vehicle passes and short-term parking passes.
- Patrol base to detect and deter criminal activities. Report unusual incidents to BDOC.
- Provide armed response to incidents and alarms at the direction of BDOC under the supervision of the Flight Sergeant.
- Inspect and clean security force vehicles and facilities.
- Open locked facilities for authorized personnel.
- Ability to complete all necessary paperwork as required.
- Able to perform First Aid if needed.
- Perform other related Security duties as required or assigned.
High School diploma or GED. Must possess and continue to possess 3 POXI AFSC; or the MOS equivalent (95B) provided by the ANG training requirement can be waived. Must be qualified and maintain qualification to bear firearms in accordance with AFI 31-113 and Lautenberg Amendment. All applicants with a prior domestic violence conviction that conflicts with the Lautenberg Amendment will be disqualified. Must possess or be eligible to possess a secret security clearance during employment. Must possess a valid driver's license and have the ability to gain a military driver's license. Must be or be eligible to become a member of the North Dakota Air National Guard Security Forces Squadron and must be appointed prior to employment. This state position is a dual status position, which means you must maintain employment in good standing both with the Air National Guard Security Forces Squadron and the State of North Dakota through entire employment. Successful completion of the interview process, reference checks and a background investigation.
Applicants must complete online application, along with uploading a cover letter and detailed resume. Applications must be completed by 11:59 PM on the posted closing date.
For more information or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or selection process contact:
Office of the Adjutant General
ATTN: Cindy Pazdernik
PO Box 5511
Bismarck, ND 58506-5511
Telephone Number: 701-333-2082 TYY Number: 800-366-6888
Applicants who experience difficulties during the application process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-328-3290.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.