To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their
development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and
abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and
appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students always treating
students with dignity and respect.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation
upon the request of the immediate supervisor. Develops instructional plans
for substitute teachers when absent.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of learner outcomes
specified in the Minot Public Schools curriculum guides. Establishes and
communicates to students clear objectives for all lessons and projects.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and technologies designed to
meet the learning needs of individuals or student groups.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the mission, values, beliefs
vision, and student exit outcomes as set forth in the Strategic Plan for the
Minot Public Schools.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis, and provides
progress reports to parents as needed.
- Assesses the special learning needs of students on a regular basis, seeking
the assistance of other professionals as necessary.
- Takes all suitable and reasonable precautions to protect students,
equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law, district policy
and administrative regulation.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing
student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules
of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom
in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provision for being reasonably available to students and parents for
education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or
requested to do so.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and
volunteer(s) and evaluates their performance.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on committees as reasonably required.
- Develops and maintains effective interpersonal relationships with students,
staff, and parents.
- Demonstrates professional integrity, adheres to the Minot Public Schools
Code of Ethics, and handles confidential information appropriately.
- Performs other professional job-related duties assigned by the principal.
Terms of Employment: Salary and work year to be according to the master
agreement between the Minot Public Schools and the Minot Education
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated according to school board policy.