Are you an experienced mortgage processor who's been searching for a great company that's family owned, that recognizes your contributions, and has a philosophy of no layoffs during the down-season? A company whose goal and purpose is to Improve the Lives of Families? Take a look at Equity Resources! We are a fun and friendly environment where we work together to meet our daily goals. We have opportunities available in our close- Milford office, as well as remote opportunities for truly experienced individuals. Let's talk about how we can work together!
The primary objective of the Mortgage Loan Processor (which we call Production Specialist/Loan Officer Assistant) is to make sure loans are fully processed, submitted, approved, closed, and funded with minimal involvement from the Mortgage Specialists (Loan Officers/Originators). You will work to obtain and review all client documents, review for accuracy and completeness, and assure that all supporting documentation is sufficient for borrower, and subject property, to close and fund the loan. You will be responsible for the team pipeline to ensure all closing dates and commitment dates are met. You will interact with the Mortgage Specialists, Underwriters, Back Office, and Closers. You will foster an atmosphere of exceptional customer service and a work environment that is edifying and supportive, creating Raving Fans both internally and externally.
The following duties would be applicable:
- Answering phone calls on an assigned basis and checking voice mail periodically.
- Keeping clients updated throughout the mortgage process.
- Using existing systems to enable processing and communication up to 30 client loan files at one time.
- Determining financial documents needed for the processing of the mortgage loan.
- Pulling Credit Bureaus and working with the Credit Bureau to update customer accounts.
- Sending all verification requests necessary to complete a loan package. (i.e. verification of mortgage, verification of deposit, verification of employment, etc.)
- Ordering all items necessary to completely underwrite a loan file (appraisals, title searches, payoffs, etc.).
- Submitting customer files through automated underwriting.
- Maintaining proper notes in each loan file.
- Following up on various items in order to complete a loan package.
- Monitoring each loan to make sure all the required documents are in and to constantly update the status of each item ordered.
- Ensuring the loan package is complete and submitted to the underwriter.
- Following up with the underwriter for approvals and work on conditions.
- Following-up with customers.
- Supporting the Company's strong relationship of "Raving Fan Service" culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service, and superior product knowledge.
- Following proper code of ethics as outlined by the Company.
- Any other miscellaneous duties as required by each individual loan file.
- Minimum of 3-years of experience processing a full compliment of mortgage loans
- Prefer experience supporting multiple loan officers/originators.
- Ability to handle up to 30 client loan files simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Diligent and detail-oriented, with advanced organizational skills: thorough in gathering borrower information, verifying loan documents and reviewing file documentation to guide each loan from preapproval to closing.
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and visualize cause and affect relationships of documents
- Ability to communicate effectively with and present information to officers/originators, borrowers, third-party vendors, and the general public as well as instill confidence in and build trust with prospects, borrowers, and agents
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and to use good English; ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Equity Resources, Inc. is a privately owned and operated mortgage bank headquartered in Newark, Ohio. We are licensed in 18 states, including Washington D.C., and operate branch offices in many of those locations. Our vision and purpose at Equity Resources, Inc. is quite simply to Improve the Lives of Families. We pride ourselves in creating Raving Fans of our customers AND our employees. We are celebrating our 27th year in business and are continuing to grow! Come join our team!
Equity Resources offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k); company-paid life insurance; and much more!
Equity Resources is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.