At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Optiv is seeking a Principal consultant to work on risk management and transformation consulting projects. We are looking for an innovative and motivated consultant who can help customers transform their environment and adapt to digital disruptions they face in their business. The Principal Consultant is a seasoned consultant with expertise in multiple domains of security and demonstrable experience in developing risk and security strategies as well as executing the implementation of those strategies and leading teams in transformation program development.
- Work with customers to help them articulate their business requirements and how those requirements translate into risk and security features and functionality.
- Work with sales teams to deliver consultative conversations with customers and operate as the “tip of the spear” for Optiv Advisory Services.
- Architect solutions to ensure that the customer's risk transformation requirements are met.
- Assist with development of risk transformation plans for customers which will enable them to execute upon strategies.
- Rationalize different security solutions against requirements, risk, and constraints.
- Oversee and direct the delivery of security strategy execution as part of a broader Enterprise or IS/IT Architecture which encompass People, Process and Technology components.
- Undertake Threat, Vulnerability and Risk analysis methodologies/techniques and the interpretation/application of their output in the definition of Security Architectures.
- Experience designing and/or implementing security solutions and risk management programs.
- A high-level knowledge of all key areas of Risk Management and Information Security Technology.
- Exposure to Standards, Policies and Legislation, e.g. ISO27001, NIST CSF, PCI DSS, GDPR etc. in the development of security strategies.
- Strong understanding of security strategy, risk management and security operations.
- Demonstrable experience in “soft” consultancy skills (i.e., written and verbal communications, expectation management, on budget/on time task completion).
- Able to create information security documentation and convey complex information security topics in a simple effective manner.
- Information Security and regulatory compliance consultancy experience.
- Cloud Security experience desirable.
- Desirable experience within one or more of the following Security Architecture and/or Enterprise Architectural Frameworks (e.g. SABSA, TOGAF, O-ESA).
- Desirable experience with FAIR, Octave, or other risk assessment methodologies.
- Appreciation of trends in IT security, IT risk management, and security architecture.
- Self-motivated individual who is keen to take ownership of allocated tasks and drive them to completion
- 15-20+ years of Security Consulting experience and demonstrable experience presenting to C-Level Executives as well as technical security staff.
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs.
- Valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required.
- The successful candidate must hold or be willing to pursue related professional certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA.
- Possess high standard of integrity and confidentiality.
Why you'll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv's mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world's largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 client