ODI Mission Statement:
The mission of the Ohio Department of Insurance is to provide consumer protection through education and fair but vigilant regulation while promoting a stable and competitive environment for insurers.
OSHIIP Mission Statement:
OSHIIP provides Medicare beneficiaries with free, objective health insurance information, one-on-one counseling, and educates consumers about Medicare, Medicare prescription drug coverage (Part D), Medicare Advantage options, Medicare supplement insurance.
Duration of employment: August 31, 2020 to December 11, 2020. There are 5 positions available (20093244, 20080323, 20078265, 20080325 & 20080321), you only need to apply once to be considered for all 5 positions.
Click here to visit our website and learn more about our agency.
The Ohio Department of Insurance is seeking 5 customer oriented individuals to assist callers during the Medicare Open Enrollment Period.
Your Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist OSHIIP Community Liaisons with webinar presentations;
- Work one-on-one with Ohio's Medicare population through virtual counseling to explain and compare health plan and prescription drug plan options during the Medicare Open Enrollment using federal web tools;
- Enter all activity into federal web based reporting tool;
- Assist consumers via OSHIIP's hotline and volunteers with data entry of forms into federal web based reporting tool;
- Other duties as assigned.
Completion of undergraduate core program in journalism or communication; 6 mos. exp. in public multi-media techniques & relations in field of journalism or communication; valid driver's license. -Or 30 mos. exp. in field of journalism or communication dealing in public multi-media techniques & relations, public speaking, news writing, reporting & editing or technical report translation & communication dealing in public meetings; valid driver's license. -Or 12 mos. exp. as Public Information Specialist, 64420; valid driver's license. -Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above.