Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conduct mechanical field investigations and perform failure/accident analysis on incidents involving various types of engines, hydraulic machines and heavy equipment
- Conduct mechanical accident reconstruction and mechanical failure analysis
- Conduct unbiased investigations for various types of clients
- Responsible for retention and development of client relationships
- Provide technical findings and conclusions in laymen's terms, both verbally and in writing.
- Support conclusions by appropriate testimony in legal proceedings.
- Deliver professional presentations, develop client relationships and promote self to client groups.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing and authoring professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- P.E. registration through testing or ability to obtain within six (6) months
- Minimum of seven years of engine, hydraulics, agricultural or heavy equipment design and/or testing experience
- Experience with CAD/SCENE/HVE is a plus
- Must possess strong writing skills
- General knowledge of gas systems and equipment a plus
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Public speaking experience a plus
- 35% Travel (most travel is driving distance within a day)
- Ability to maneuver in and around a vehicle or accident site
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
- Ability to drive to site locations
- Extensive forensic training
- Medical, dental vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Company-paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Bonus program