NDT/RTS Operator - Borescope - Mentor, OH
United States of America
State / County
Full Time, Permanent
Anticipated start date Anticipated start date - day Anticipated start date - month Anticipated start date - year
July 1 2020
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Airfoils LLC has achieved its preeminent position in the manufacture of aircraft engine blades and vanes and is rapidly gaining market share in the Industrial Gas Turbines industry through pushing the boundaries of Advanced Technology. PCC Airfoils LLC is one of only a few companies in the world that possesses the technology and capability to cast blades and vanes with complex, internal cooling passages out of sophisticated superalloys for aerospace and Industrial Gas Turbine customers. PCC Airfoils LLC has the advantage of being the leader in the production of airfoils for aircraft engines and of capturing a growing share of the market for Industrial Gas Turbine castings. Several new state-of-the-art casting furnaces were recently installed in PCC Airfoils' facilities along with new ceramic dip lines to handle the increased volume. The dip lines feature the most advanced technology available to ensure process repeatability, improving yields and facilitating on-time product delivery.
At PCC Mentor, we believe that access to reliable power and freedom of travel are essential rights for all. How we support our belief is by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in industrial gas turbine and aerospace engines. Our highly skilled team members make our vision a reality.
We have a long history of changing the world and meeting the needs of our customers which is highlighted by our ten-fold growth since 1998. A large multi-million dollar expansion project was completed in 2008 to enable the Mentor plant to meet customer demands. Due to this expansion the Mentor Operation now consists of two manufacturing locations, Mentor and Renaissance Parkway (Painesville).
As the world's need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
The NDT/RTS Operator is a member of the NDT Team and responsible for using borescopes to identify casting defects, and removing excess metal and excess core material from castings.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Use borescopes to identify casting defects
- Performs all necessary rework operations
- Perform required operations with tools developed by Engineering
- Sandblast and Waterblast operations
- Ensure visual (borescope) acceptance of castings
- Other duties as assigned by supervision
Experience & Education
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment. Previous casting experience is a plus!
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, and may be substituted for experience.
- Ability to bring your best self every day to meet and exceed production and quality standards
- Ability to thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change to help "Make the Day"
- Shop Math: Understanding of basic math calculations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- U.S. Person's Status is Required (Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and physical
- Must pass a pre-employment background check