Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
A Line Operator is responsible for performing and maintaining the daily activities associated with a production line. This includes housekeeping, safety, quality, maintaining production efficiencies, repair and maintenance and minimizing downtime. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. Ability to work varying shifts is also required due to equipment changeovers. A Line Operator reports directly to the shift Production Supervisor.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a safe work environment through practicing proper PPE and housekeeping compliance.
- Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries to the Production Supervisor
- Practice proper forklift operation and preventive maintenance.
- Completion of shift production and reporting paperwork.
- Meet ADS and AASHTO quality specifications for all products produced.
- Adhere to ADS product sampling schedule.
- Assist with Preventative Maintenance program as required
- Meet or exceed standard production efficiencies on all production lines.
- Maintain ability to operate various production lines and process effectively, earn certifications
- Maintain and build job skills through company training programs.
- Troubleshoot process and mechanical problems and perform repairs and adjustments to meet production needs as required.
- Perform tooling changeovers in an efficient manner
- Meet wired plant compliance metrics
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repair abilities.
- Basic computer skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate heavy machinery, i.e. forklifts, in a safe manner
- Reading and Writing skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous manufacturing machine operation or extrusion experience
- 1-2 years experience as ADS Down Stream Technician
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in temperature extremes.
- Position requires full range of body motion including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 continuous hours.
- Ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods.
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.