CMA/RMA or LPN - PRN
Back to Positions Apply for Position
Responsible for assisting physicians with patient care which will include checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room/assisting patients as needed, collecting patient histories, performing screenings per guidelines, assisting physicians/nurses with various procedures; charting, relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls and providing pertinent information. This position will be cross trained to work front and back office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all HIPAA and OSHA regulations and policies.
- Provides basic patient care as ordered.
- Documents all activities/interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed, etc., in the medical record.
- Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating physician advice/instructions.
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines, and confidentiality policies.
- Maintains examination rooms including cleaning exam/procedure rooms between patient visits. Stocks necessary supplies (medical and radiologic) as required.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of basic nursing principles and protocols.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, environmental safety and patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge of medical chart reporting/records.
- Skill in appropriate assessment and assistance techniques.
- Skill in appropriate use of universal precautions, safe workplace and confidentiality methods.
- Skill in health information management by appropriately charting patient data.
- Skill in identifying equipment problems and correcting or notifying supervisor.
- Ability to work effectively as team members with physicians and other staff.
- Ability to appropriately interact with patients, families, staff and others.
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
- Ability to apply written instructions and standardized work practices.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
Education and Work Experience:
- High school graduation or GED
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant certification required.
- Maintains CPR certification
- Combination of office and exam offices. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations. Hepatitis B vaccination and TB test required.
- Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, reaching. Occasional stress from workload. Must be able to use a variety of office equipment including phone, writing instruments, PC, fax and medical equipment including stethoscope, eye washing equipment, blood pressure cuff.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer