80% TRAVEL, to Mexico, Canada and the entire US!
• Work with and assist customers in the installation of equipment in their facility.
• Assure finish product meets customer’s specifications.
• Troubleshoot machine issues remotely or at facility.
• Assemble or rebuild machinery using assembly drawings and schematics.
• Install and setup complete mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Install molds, trim tooling head tooling, both programmed and non-programmed.
• Perform general processing machine set up (set temperatures, time set points, shot size set points, etc.).
• Extensive travel to customer plant locations domestically, within assigned region
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor Qualifications: Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 1-2 years of machine or rubber/plastic processing experience preferred.
• Electro, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic diagram knowledge required.
• PLC programming knowledge a plus. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work accurately in an environment
• Demonstration of a strong work ethic and is a self-starter
• Ability to determine causes of operating errors
• Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
• Ability to adhere to structured work guidelines and schedules
• Ability to read and follow visual cues • Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, Including applying principles, techniques, procedures of the equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
• Ability to communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing so others will understand
• Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
• Ability to work individually and as a team • Ability to give operating instructions
• Ability to control operations of equipment
• Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, report and maintenance
Additional Comments: The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification.
The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position. Associated topics: die, fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool die
Need to know:
1. Travel 90-95% (typically home nights/ weekend, work some nights/weekends depending on the job).
2. Prefer someone who has maintenance and repair experience in injection mold equipment. Needs HEAVY electrical experience.
3. All business travel is paid for and a laptop, cell phone, company car and tools are provided; $50 per diem for meals when traveling.
7. Reports to the Technical Services Manager
8. Responsible for machine line installations, machine line start-ups and/or corrective start-ups to meet customer requirements. Perform general service work, such rebuild, repair, process and/or training.