Job Title: Production Supervisor
Reports to: Operations Manager
Status: Salary Exempt
Direct Reports: Assembly & Injection Molding Employees
Schedule: 3rd Shift 10:00 pm – 6:30 am
Evenflo has an opportunity to join our Plant operations team as a Production Supervisor. The ideal candidate will have a proven hands-on leadership style and have a passion for coaching, teaching and team development.
The primary duty of a Production Supervisor is overseeing and directing the activities of Assembly line and Injection Molding employees. Providing leadership to manage multiple work cells and ensuring a safe work environment for all team members. They may assign personnel to specific tasks or stations, monitor processes to ensure that employees perform them correctly, and monitor the entire process to prevent delays and provide instruction. This aspect of the role requires the Production Supervisor to ensure that individual production and support areas work together and effectively communicate to prevent delays.
The Production Supervisor must foster a performance-driven, continuous-improvement environment and has accountability for the safety, quality, delivery and productivity performance of their respective departments or shift.
Responsibilities for this job include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure safe work practices within the department.
- Administer company policies and practices.
- Lead a team of 40 – 50 hourly associates.
- Be a leader and motivator with a focus on productive and positive working environment. Be a mentor to promotable employees.
- Provide leadership, supervise, develop and coach leads and team members to ensure that they understand and contribute to company objectives.
- Foster creativity, innovation and communication within the Assembly team.
- Coordinate training of department employees; ensure quality and production process requirements are achieved.
- Manage and develop staffing strategies. Provide timely and constructive feedback regarding performance.
- Lead daily meetings with Line Coordinators
- Develop team to solve their own day-to-day operational issues. Conduct and oversee daily communication and problem-solving activities.
- Establish daily goals for the operation. Use KPIs to communicate performance.
- Prepare daily reports outlining Assembly activities and metrics. Drive efficiency improvements and monitor direct and indirect labor.
- Lead 6S efforts, stress good housekeeping and safe work practices.
- Develop and implement plans to improve safety, quality, delivery and productivity.
- Be enthusiastic, hard-working and have a can-do attitude.
- Work as a true team player with other functional departments and leaders. Maintain a smooth flow of communication.
- One of the administrative duties of assembly supervisors is managing scheduling for assembly line workers
- Must be capable of implementing new processes, supporting and leading change.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Production Supervisor must balance direct oversight of employees with supporting production schedules and expectations. Flexible schedule, and proven track record of achieving results.
- Team leadership – Production Supervisors oversee large teams of production personnel, so the ability to effectively lead teams is essential in this role high integrity, results driven, interpersonal skills, ability to champion change.
- Time management – because they manage employee and shift schedules, Production Supervisors need excellent time management and organization skills. Ability to problem solve and lead significant improvements in quality, productivity, cost and material initiatives. Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions to solve operational problems. Understanding of lean manufacturing tools and applications required.
- Safety monitoring – this role requires familiarity with workplace safety procedures and best practices to prevent employee injuries and maintain overall plant safety.
- Communication skills – because they report directly to operation manager and train new assembly personnel, Production Supervisors also need effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively use MS Office suite and PC applications.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in a related field desirable.
- Automotive/TPS background desired.
- Minimum of 5 years' manufacturing/assembly supervisory experience.
- Kronos time keeping system or equivalent
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time.
- Position requires full range of body motion including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to mount/dismount and operate industrial equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 hours.
Evenflo Company, Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Evenflo's publicly traded parent company, Goodbaby International, a world leader in juvenile products, launches an average of over 500 new products annually, holds over 6,600 patents, and continues to grow well beyond 13,000 employees worldwide.
We are working to build a high-performance team at our Piqua, OH manufacturing location and we strive to be the premier employer in the area.
Constantly promoting and embodying the Goodbaby Group values of Imagination, Passion, Strength, Trust & Belief, Respect, and Love, Evenflo is a challenging, rewarding and enjoyable workplace.