- Performs equipment setups, specifically concentrators, durable medical equipment, etc. in a professional, safe and timely manner. This equipment is placed in apartments, private homes, clinics, hospitals, nursing homes and other areas where people with respiratory problems are treated.
- Attends work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Complete equipment orientation checklists for new equipment and other necessary paperwork as required for new patient set up. Instruct patients in the safe and proper use of equipment.
- Make oxygen deliveries (cylinder and concentrator) and equipment checks on a daily route as determined by the patient base and Lincare routing system. Deliveries may include refilling reservoirs with liquid oxygen from a van mounted tank.
- Perform minor equipment repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment both in the home and at the center. For equipment repairs requiring other than minor repair, work equipment is to be packaged for shipment to the manufacturer or their designee. Responsible for equipment maintenance per schedule recommended by the manufacturer.
- Maintain company vehicle in a clean and orderly manner. Make daily inspections and complete the proper paperwork. Maintain established preventative maintenance schedule.
- Clean rental equipment, when returned to the center, in accordance with Lincare policies and procedures. Maintain cleanliness and organization of warehouse/storage area.
- Follow FDA guidelines pertaining to cylinder tracking and oxygen analyzer testing.
- Follow Lincare policies as indicated in the operations manual and training manuals, including those found in the Safety & Regulatory Manual regarding General Safety, OSHA (includes the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment), DOT (includes adherence to the Vehicle Safety Disciplinary Policy), FDA and Emergency Planning.
- Work as on-call service representative evenings and weekends on an as scheduled basis. Frequency is determined by the center size and the number of employees available to share in the responsibility. Must respond in a timely manner and record information on Service Call Report.
- May serve as a backup to other employees for vacation, illness and other periods of absenteeism.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Lincare is playing our part to meet the COVID-19 challenges through our continuum of care with in-home services, helping to maximize hospital capacity and providing a more comfortable environment for our patients. Lincare's number one priority in any emergency or natural disaster is your safety. Lincare has been preparing for the safety of our employees and the continuum of care that may be needed for our patients. While a vast majority of our roles do not have face to face interactions with our patients some roles do. With these patient-facing roles, we have ensured that we are following the latest standards and guidance in the use of personal protective equipment (PPE). We are a healthcare provider and must live up to our duty. We are in an essential industry. We are essential at any time for some of the most vulnerable people in need of respiratory care -- that's what Lincare does. And now, even more so, all of us are needed to play our vital role.
- Must be 21 years of age, have good interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
- Must maintain a valid D/L for the appropriate class of vehicle driven while employed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 120 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision, and depth perception.