Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Description / Requirements:
This Dana facility is located less than three miles from Fiat Chrysler's current Toledo North Assembly Plant, where the current Jeep Wrangler is manufactured. The plant will assemble front and rear axles for the next-generation Jeep Wrangler, keeping the history of the location in Toledo alive. In addition to the proximity to FCA's Toledo plant, Dana's new site is optimally located to support automakers throughout the region.
This role is responsible for facilitating and supervising daily production on shop floor.
- Direct and manage the manufacturing operations of the facility on the 2nd shift.
- Responsible for leading department initiatives through a collaborative team effort to fulfill customer requirements, team building and training.
- Partners with HR to develop and adjust manpower based upon sales forecasting, historical trending and/or machine capability rates.
- Assist in the identification, implementation and evaluation of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives in operations to increase productivity and efficiency rates.
- Partner with internal operations suppliers (HR, quality, safety, production control, etc.) to ensure quality, delivery, safety, etc. goals are achieved.
- Provides leadership to first line supervisors in production departments including establishing objectives, setting goals, and managing accountability for attaining deliverables required of supervisory team.
- Responsible for managing build schedules.
- Housekeeping-Maintain appearance of World Class Facility.
- Required to facilitate monthly/weekly/daily departmental meeting.
- Plans, organizes, integrates and measures the work performed within the assigned shift.
- Associates Degree or equivalent (5-7 years) professional work experience in Manufacturing or Engineering role including a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Strong DOS acumen and performance results; must be a Change Agent to lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Good working knowledge of TS 16949 standards.
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to influence, escalate issues and ideas, and persuade team and positively manage conflict.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated people management abilities and ability to work in a team environment.
- Business Acumen.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.