Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Measurement and Analytics develops,produces,sells,delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably.We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably,while providing the support of a global service network.
The Quality team is dedicated to implementing a culture and practice of excellence throughout the entire value chain of the organization,to increase customer satisfaction and improve profitability in a sustainable way.
This role reports to the Technology Center Manager and is located in Westerville,Ohio.As a Quality Specialist you will be responsible for providing leadership and consulting to drive excellence in quality,delivery,compliance and sustainable performance of business tools for the business partners mainly ABB global champions and BL(Business Line) process owners.Providing direction to the business and tool leaders related to Release Management for IAMA(Industrial Automation Measurement & Analytics)tools supporting sales,service and operational business processes.Supports ABB's ambition of Growth and Productivity through delivery,customer support and performance tracking of business tools across the BL for increased efficiency and effectiveness.Ensuring quality,compliance,performance and support requirements are defined and fulfilled in the planned releases of business tools to the global user base.Coordinate and verify effective training for business tool releases in partnership with BL process owners and ABB global champions.
- You will be the definitive source of knowledge and technique in the area of technology Release Management for IAMA business tools.
- The IAMA Quality Specialist functions as the organizational ambassador for planning,executing and tracking software releases to drive a connected tool landscape for our customers,partners and internal teams.
- Your efforts will help drive growth through improved tool effectiveness and sustainable performance across the BL tools landscape.
- The overall target of the role is increased efficiency and effectiveness of sales and delivery teams aligned to our global objectives.
- Work will require interaction and collaboration with stakeholders including Sales operations,PMU(Product Manufacturing Unit)/ PRU(Product Responsible Unit)teams,other specialists or Business Process Owners.
- Establish relationships and coordinate release projects between multiple teams and products.
- Partner with BL process owners and tool specialists to plan and execute the aspects of a software release ensuring teams are on track and meeting agreed guidelines.
- With IS(Information Systems),tool suppliers,internal and third-party technology teams understand and apply continuous integration and continuous improvements to the release processes.
- Plan and execute software release windows and overall release lifecycles for the highest quality standards and post product effectiveness.
- Manage,communicate and resolve risks that could affect release success.
- Monitor that productization standards GDPR(General Data Protection Regulation),DSAC(Device Security Assurance Center)are met prior to deployment.
- Measure post-production success key performance indictors to ensure business tool value.
- Ensure that quality assurance teams understand the tool requirements and verify standards are met.
- Working together with internal stakeholders to ensure users are effectively trained in preparation for the release and issues are effectively captured and closed.
- Responsible for the overall successful deployment and smooth roll out of business tools in IAMA.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering/Quality Management or comparable engineering field with minimum Two(2) to Three(3)years' experience in similar position in industrial organizations.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Expertise in modern quality methods for release management,customer/user support,training and performance measurement.
- Experience in SFDC(salesforce.com)case management and eLearning platforms.