The Tile Shop Distribution Center is now hiring for a Material Handler to work in their Manufacturingdepartment. Manufacturingis responsible for mixing raw material to create various grouts and mortar, and make various liquid products for picking, packing and shipping material, tools, equipment, and products to The Tile Shop stores and customers while maintaining a clean, neat, safe and orderly work area. He/She must also have the ability to manually move and lift 50 lbs regularly and frequently up to and over 100 lbs and work scheduled shift.
Essential Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads production schedule or work order to determine items to produce.
- Able to read, understand and follow the recipe of the products to be produced.
- Able to perform basic math functions and understand weights and measures such as pounds, ounces, etc.
- Develop a working knowledge of all raw materials used to produce goods.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas.
- Sorts, places, and retrieves materials or items to/from racks, shelves, or bins according to product type.
- Must be able to wear eye protection while operating the Packer, Canner, and Palletizer.
- Able to set up and operate the bottle-filling machine.
- Able to set up and operate the automatic capping machine.
- Ability to correctly operate a variety of equipment including but not limited to: sit-down forklift, wrapping machine, palletizer, pallet jack, canner, etc.
- Ability to inspect, use and maintain equipment in good working order.
- Use wireless RF device or desktop computer to perform all Bar Code functions, including but not limited to the following: pulling, putting away, shipping confirmations and inventory lookup.
- Select pick ticket to determine items to be picked, packed, palletized or shipped..
- Lift, move, sort, carry or place boxes and items onto/off of pallets.
- Able to securely build and/or wrap pallets in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all pallets and items are clearly and accurately labeled.
- Participates in cycle counting program as needed.
- Responsible for helping to maintain a clean, safe and organized working environment.
- Exhibit initiative to perform regular tasks without being directed by supervisor.
- Safely and properly load and unload trucks as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor such as production.
- Work in other departments as directed by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Strong work ethic.
- Forklift, reach truck, and order picker certification or willing to be certified.
- Basic organizational, mathematical, and computer skills.
- Knowledge of proper safety measures.
- Ability to manually move and lift 50 lbs regularly and frequently up to and over 100 lbs.
- Ability to work at varying heights.
- Ability to stand frequently as well as the ability to walk, sit, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
At The Tile Shop, we are committed to developing the WHOLE you, not just the WORK you. Our benefits program is our investment in you as an important contributor to our success, and we are proud of our highly competitive package.
- Individual Career Growth Opportunities & Excellent Training
- Competitive & Comprehensive Benefit Package
- HSA Employer Contributions
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching
- Team Focused Work Environment
The Tile Shop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.