For assistance on how to apply, please click here
This position is responsible for establishing standards of overall operation, productivity, efficiency, quality, safety, capitalization and recapitalization for assigned rail facilities and operations.
- Oversee the general operational activities of assigned rail shops and ensure shop employees perform work according to safety standards and policies
- Monitor and report monthly and year-to-date rail shop results
- Coordinate with Rail leadership to develop the annual and long term operating plans for assigned shops
- Oversee all major capital repairs
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s)
- Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operations challenges
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5-7 years' relevant experience required
- Must have valid Driver's License
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time. All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons' Statement of Principles.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Note: The Andersons, Inc. conducts drug, alcohol and/or medical testing of applicants and employees based on type of position. A copy of our testing policy is available by contacting the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.