We are seeking a junior AWS Engineer will help architect, design and engage customers in their transitional journey into the AWS cloud platform of services.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting in design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions.
- Serve as technical resource in development team's efforts to determine the needs of the business that will simplify and automate the applications as well as make them more efficient.
- Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure sound Cloud solutions are implemented.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our customer's Amazon Web Services (AWS) foundational footprint.
- Work closely with architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security, and service level requirements.
- Work with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in AWS.
- Work with current application teams to understand current applications and make migration recommendations and to-be architectures in AWS.
- Assist in migrate existing databases from on premise to AWS using various tools including but not limited to AWS Data Migration Services and AWS Schema Conversion Tool.
- Help Provide expertise around Business Intelligence (BI) Cloud reporting tools.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project.
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 8 years of technical professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years of AWS experience
- AWS Associate Level Certification required (Professional desired)
- Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Python, Shell, Java, and JSON).
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in AWS architecture
- Advanced knowledge of AWS Services including:
- Management - CloudWatch (Events/Logs), IAM, CloudTrail, EC2 Systems Manager
- IaaS - EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, KMS, Config, SNS, SQS, SES, SWF, S3, Glacier
- Data Management - Redshift, RDS, EMR, Data Pipeline, Kinesis, DynamoDB
- Other - Server Migration, Storage Gateway
- Hands-on experiences with CloudFormation and Lambda
- Proficiency and experience with AWS developer tools and workflows (AWSCLI, CloudFormation, etc.)
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
- Taking ownership and acting with high sense of urgency, this job requires the individual to work like an entrepreneur