We Are Hiring
Join a renowned group of Cardiologists at Ascension Jane PHillips Medical Center in Bartlesville, OK.
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension Jane Phillips Medical Center
Ascension St. John Jane Phillips Medical Center is a member of St. John Health System, which operates St. John Medical Center in Tulsa, St. John Owasso, St. John Broken Arrow and St. John Sapulpa.
Opened in 1922, Washington County Memorial Hospital was the result of a community effort to pay tribute to the local veterans of World War I.
Built by the Frank Phillips Foundation, the facility was named in the memory of Jane Gibson Phillips, wife of Frank Phillips, who founded Phillips Petroleum Company.
Ascension St. John Jane Phillips Medical Center offers a complete range of services, including general medicine, surgery, cardiopulmonary care, maternal and infant care, cancer treatment, geriatric care, orthopedics, and physical medicine.
- Recognized as one of the top 100 rural and community hospitals in the country.
Located in Northeast Oklahoma, about 50 miles of easy highway driving north of Tulsa. Home to about 35,000 people, Bartlesville is a small city with a big heart — and big-city amenities as well. A diverse city with a rich history in business and the arts.
At the heart of "Green Country," Bartlesville is an unexpected gem nestled next to the beautiful Osage Hills.
Built on the history of the American West, Bartlesville is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Oklahoma.
Highlights of note include:
Affordable cost of living – offering a variety of choices for all budgets
Exceptional museums, outstanding architecture and diverse cultural events
Education rated as top in the state
- Thriving businesses – globally recognized firms and small, niche companies
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages
What You Will Do
Opportunity for both General & Interventional Cardiology.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision .
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Board Certified and/or Board Eligible in Cardiology
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.