NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and premier mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing groundbreaking
engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to redefine the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
We are seeking a robust Director of Engineering to lead the forward engineering team in the Partners and Marketplace Engineering group. In this role, you will be responsible for helping develop a team that is defining the culture of secure DevOps, serverless and edge computing and privacy by design across the entire PME organization. This role requires a passion to help developers continuously elevate their engineering skills and to deliver innovative, highly robust systems which connect our customers and partners to our product at an unprecedented scale, across all of Nike's brands, categories and geographies. You'll lead by example, promote our agile culture, and be an advocate of new technology and development techniques. The successful candidate is a tried software leader with excellent communication and relationship building skills in addition to current, hands-on coding skills.
As Director, Engineering your role will include:
- Serving as a technical leader within the Forward Engineering group, to tackle the most sophisticated problems, proof-of-concept ideas, and help drive high level design reviews across the organization
- Cultivate a culture of security/privacy by design, and drive a DevOps transformation across the team
- Defining solution options, providing estimates on effort and risk, and evaluating technical feasibility
- Building and leveraging partnerships across product, engineering, and architecture to solve business problems
- Helping to define and communicate the strategic vision that spans technical domains
- Working with groundbreaking technology on an outstanding team
- Work in a mission driven fast-moving environment