Human Resources Generalist
lbertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail and we are looking for outstanding Associates to take us into the future. We provide our customers an easy, fun, and friendly shopping experience, both in our stores and online. This requires a talented team in our Supply Chain (Distribution Centers and Manufacturing Plants) to quickly and efficiently get the products to our stores and customers. We are seeking an exceptional Human Resources Business Partner who will help drive operational effectiveness through a high-performing and inclusive environment.
As a $60B+ company with 2,200+ stores, 22 distribution centers, and 20 food and beverage plants, we are one of the largest retailers in the United States. We reach over 34 million customers across our 20 well-known grocery brands. Across the nation, we are transforming the grocery industry through innovation and building a world-class supply chain.
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for a Human Resources Business Partner. This position is located in Clackamas, OR..
Act as Human Resources Business Partner for assigned Business Units. Support units through growing and developing business partnerships, employee relations, recruiting, staffing & retention, training, organizational design & development, and compensation & benefits. Provide counsel and information to clients to assist with the execution of corporate strategy that meets business needs. Provide a positive environment and reduce legal risk to the organization.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build strong business partnerships with Hiring Managers by developing effective recruiting strategies.
- Effectively manage applicants through applicant tracking system from application to onboarding.
- Source and identify candidates.
- Review and screen resumes.
- Interview candidates of all levels including management roles.
- Administer and advise client groups on all needs related to leave administration; Federal and specific state leave of absence programs.
- Support for all benefit related questions and issues; provide consultation to business groups on benefit impacts through employee leaves.
- Ensure consistency and fairness in policy and procedure; also as it relates to Federal and State law requirements. Investigate employment, grievance, EEO and/or ADA related issues. Report findings and respond appropriately.
- Coordinate with training department to support training and development for assigned client groups.
- Facilitate various training as needed in the areas of management & overall associate development, diversity, harassment, new hire orientations, and performance management.
- Resolve performance issues for staff (through manager level) through separation; resolve team member issues and act as counsel to management and team members.
- Under direction of the HR Manager consult clients on changing organization needs; participate in developing and conducting reorganizations to maximize the effective use of resources and minimize adverse impact and risk.
- Process and manage all organizational changes and movement through Human Resources Information Systems; conduct data audits to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate and assure compliance with compensation, benefits, and leave policy and programs.
- Ensure competitive compensation for retention, manage the salary review process for designated business groups, administer pyramid reviews and other processes; administer performance evaluation process for exempt and non-exempt.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Education Level: Bachelor's degree in related field; equivalent work experience. PHR in Human Resources a plus.
- Experience Level: 1-2 years human resources generalist or other related business experience, including behavioral interviewing, employment, training, employee relations, compensation, diversity, management/organizational development, risk management and loss control.
Skills and Experiences:
- Sound judgment in decision making and problem solving.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of associates and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
- High degree of initiative; proven team player, excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- HR recruiting experience to include positions at management level.
- HR generalist experience with an emphasis on training, management coaching, employee relations, conflict resolution, and management/organizational development preferred.
- Online recruiting software experience preferred.
- Must be able to manage confidential information.
- Proficient computer skills including HRIS and Microsoft Office.
- Sits for extended periods of time.
- Bending, stooping and twisting required periodically.
- Uses calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Workday is fast paced; may require some weekend/nights as business dictates.
Closing Date: August 28, 2020
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at The Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER