Get the satisfaction and prestige of being a Loan Officer without the worry of working on commission. This is a rare opportunity to join the Real Estate team of an amazing, billion-dollar credit union, Oregon State Credit Union. We are one of the most respected credit unions in the Northwest with a strong reputation of integrity, unsurpassed service, and member focus. Join us and use your Real Estate experience to launch your MLO career.
As our internal Mortgage Loan Officer, you'll be responsible for receiving and originating mortgage loan requests that are received in person, by phone or through our on-line channel. You'll reach out to members to provide general lending information, initiate the mortgage process, obtain information pertinent to loan evaluation, originate mortgage loans by overseeing the application process and take responsibility for the financial accuracy of loan related transactions. The internal loan officer is the liaison between branch offices, multiple real estate lending representatives, members and credit union departments.
This position is considered a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) as defined by the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act). The law requires MLO to be registered in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR).
Schedule: Must be available to work M-F, as early as 8 am and as late as 6 pm
Note: Interviews will be via phone or Zoom. Training and work will be on-site utilizing COVID protection guidelines.
What you will need to be successful:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 3 years real estate experience, required. Experience with originating conforming / non- conforming products and secondary market servicing experience, preferred
- Knowledgeable of laws and regulations pertaining to real estate lending, required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organization and independent judgment
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and real estate computer programs
- Requires a high level of time management, organizational skills and independent judgment; strong attention to detail and advanced problem solving skills are necessary
Ways we'll appreciate you:
- A positive atmosphere
- Competitive wages, incentive bonuses, paid holidays and paid PTO time
- 100% credit union paid employee coverage for medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance; family member coverage also available
- 401k Plan with an amazingly generous credit union match
- Health and dependent care Flexible Spending Plans
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Premier membership perks, loan discounts, company clothing, wellness and recognition programs
Location: 1980 NW 9th Street, Corvallis
Work type: Full-time, non-exempt
Compensation: $22/hr plus bonus; more depending on extent of RE experience
The information above provides the general nature of work performed in this position and outlines primary qualifications. See the job description for complete details. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have the legal right to work in the US and pass a background screening to the satisfaction of Oregon State Credit Union.