Acts as the primary liaison with customers and title company representatives, during all phases of financing. Works specifically on commercial C&I and real estate term loans. Manages and monitors loans on an ongoing, day-to-day, and transactional basis working in close partnership with the Commercial Relationship Manager. Responsible for the administration and management of the Commercial loan process including the documentation, closing, file maintenance and data input.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up, process, and monitor documents, and files for commercial loan package completion to meet lending specifications. Review and monitor loan documents for accuracy, completeness and adherence to approval conditions.
- Maintain files with sufficient documentation for third-party review and prepares files for timely audits.
- Set up and monitor loan and financial ticklers to ensure accuracy and timeliness. Responsible for ensuring all closing conditions are met and loans are closed within time frames.
- Assist Commercial Relationship Manager and underwriter in obtaining, scanning and archiving information required for underwriting a loan request. May assist Commercial Relationship Manager in ordering third party reports related to a loan request.
- Review and resolve a variety of customer problems/issues regarding bank products and services.
- Monitor existing loans to ensure complete conformity with terms. Follow up with customer to obtain all necessary information and clarification on financial analysis materials and resources.
- Process advances of funds for payment of credit accounts at the request of the borrower or Commercial Relationship Manager. May negotiate loan-signing dates with customers and Commercial Relationship Manager. May work with attorneys and other financial or legal resources to obtain the correct, accurate documents to fully protect the financial institution's interests in the credit relationship.
- Responsible for GL Certification which includes research, balancing and certification.
- May perform preliminary review of property and liability insurance to ensure it complies with bank policy and procedure.
- May provide customer service, administrative support and inter/intra office communication support for the department.
- Works on commercial property construction and/or term loans from moderate to complex in nature.
- Analyzes title insurance commitment reports including title exceptions, and responsible for preparing title/escrow instructions. Responsible for reviewing final title policy to ensure it complies with the title/escrow instructions and confirms that the bank's lien position is accurate.
- Monitors note rate re-pricing, fixings and adjustments, as applicable, in accordance with the loan approval and loan documentation.
- Follow up on all post-closing requirements required as part of the credit approval and loan closing policy and procedure.
- Reviews and analyzes land surveys and environmental reports.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
- May perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in business or finance preferred.
- 5-8 year's previous commercial loan administration and loan documentation experience required.
- Must have an advanced level of knowledge in all areas of real estate lending including letters of credits, borrower based lending, multi-phase construction and multiple collateral properties.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced arithmetic skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interest in learning to present information to others and/or train others.
- Working knowledge of commercial finance, law, documentation, accounting and data systems.
- Ability to train and present to small and large audiences or has the interest and ability in learning to train and present.
- Ability to read and write, with basic arithmetic skills.
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage internal and external customer relationships.
- Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Word and Excel, and other business machines.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Work involves sitting, occasional walking, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Requires close visual acuity.
- Normal office environment.
- Occasional travel.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.