CorVel Corporation is a national provider of industry-leading worker's compensation solutions for employers, third party administrators, insurance companies, and government agencies. We are a growing company, a great place to work, with plenty of Career advancement opportunities. The Claims Assistant will assist and support the claims staff in the set-up and administration of workers' compensation claims/case management and other tasks depending on the specific needs of the customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Sets up new claims
- Process mail, handle files (until paperless), and input notes/diary entries in the claims system
- Process payments, as needed
- Process form letters, state forms and reports
- Assist claims examiners with telephone calls including provider, claimant and customer calls
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program ("IIPP").
- Additional duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, college degree preferred
- Six (6) months of service oriented office experience preferred