Payroll and Benefits Specialist 32
One in five Oregonians face mental health and addictions issues every year; one in four face addiction issues. When left untreated, these issues often manifest into chronic health conditions and uncounted social costs to families, loved ones and the larger community. LifeWorks NW has helped more than 22,000 people in their journeys toward restored wellbeing. From keeping children safe and building stronger families to our integrated approach that combines behavioral and primary healthcare, LifeWorks NW provides essential services that make our community healthier.
The Payroll and Benefits Specialist position assists in the semi-monthly preparation of payroll and acts as the back-up for payroll related tasks. Responsible for administering 403b plan and reconciling vendor benefit statements.
This position is located in NW Portland (Cedar Mill area).
Pay/Benefits: $58,538 to $64,392 per year. Full Benefits.
- Enter, verify, and process employee timesheets, reimbursements, new hire paper work, and status changes
- Ensure that payroll transactions are properly authorized and documented, conform to agency policy, and comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Respond to requests for employment verification
- Process manual paychecks as needed (e.g. terminations)
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases
- Administer the 403b plan including rollover/transfers, withdrawals/disbursements, determine vesting, mandatory distributions, etc.
- Process 403b employee reductions and employer match
- Reconciles monthly invoices from insurance vendors with payroll/benefit records and processes them for payment.
- Participate in and/or coordinate internal and external audits
- Bi-monthly payroll presentation to new hires during orientation
- Assist employees with questions or concerns regarding payroll and benefit matters
- Assists with fiscal year-end reconciliations and additional tasks as needed
- Develop, document, and maintain work instructions for all key responsibilities
- Continually increases level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Completes tasks accurately within defined timeframes with minimal supervision.
- Consistently helps cover for co-workers when needed and willingly accepts and follows through with other tasks as needed.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 year previous experience working in payroll, benefits, or related field.
- Good computer skills including a working knowledge of Excel and functional knowledge of Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software. Ability to use 10-key.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community. LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.www.lifeworksnw.org Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09