Providence is calling a RN - Clinic - Prov Womens Clinic St Vincent (0.6 FTE, Days) to Mother Joseph Plaza Portland in Portland, OR.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Clinic - Prov Womens Clinic St Vincent that will provide comprehensive nursing care for patients in an ambulatory care environment based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. This position facilitates the workflow in the area by conducting nursing assessments and documentation. In addition, the Clinic RN contributes expertise in the areas of patient scheduling, telephone advice, and pharmacy needs. The Clinic RN assists with maintaining compliance to professional nursing standards and regulatory requirements and supports physicians in delivering quality health care to patients. This part-time (24/hrs week) position will support three shifts Monday-Friday between the hours o 7:30am-6:00pm.
In this position, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide or assist in assuring direct patient care in person, telephonically, or electronically according to clinical best practice standards
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members to provide comprehensive care for patients and families, may provide case management and care coordination services for patients, as needed
- Interface with various PHS departments as needed to facilitate patient care (home health, ED, lab, infusion, DME, or other departments)
- Participate in the development and/or implementation of evidence-based quality improvement strategies
- Assist with monitoring for compliance, quality assurance, utilization management, preventative guidelines, and accreditation requirements
- Provide educational and care coordination for patient populations by teaching, supervising and counseling the patient and caregivers regarding nursing care and other related problems
- Provide education regarding medication, symptom management, health teaching, and anticipatory guidance to patients and their families
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered Oregon RN license
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) - Basic Life Support (BLS)
- One (1) year of Nursing experience
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing -OR- related field
About Providence in Oregon:
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.