" You are applying for work with a franchisee of Taco Bell, not Taco Bell Corp. or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees."
The Assistant Manager serves as the entry-level assistant to the RGM and provides additional management coverage of operating hours and direct supervision of operations in an individual unit. The Assistant Manager interacts with customers and employees to ensure customer satisfaction. He/she assumes full responsibility for facilities and equipment maintenance, adherence to detailed cleaning tasks, and specific routine financial control. Human resource responsibilities include crew training, ongoing coaching, feedback, and health and safety audits. The Assistant Manager directly performs hands-on operational work on an ongoing basis to train employees, respond to customer service needs, or otherwise role model appropriate skills and behavior in the restaurant.
Note: AMs are expected to work 40-50 hours per week including peak periods.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Essential job functions include the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change.
- Maintains fast, accurate service and positive guest relations.
- Ensures products are consistent with company quality standards.
- Ensures Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are met.
- Assists profit and loss management by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.
- Assists RGM in recruiting and interviewing team members; conducts performance appraisals, takes disciplinary action, motivates and trains.
- Follows Taco Bell standards and procedures to make food safety a top priority.
- Ensures food quality and 100% customer satisfaction.
- Ensures complete and timely execution of corporate and local marketing plans.
Positions Supervised: Team Members, Shift Managers, Team Member Trainers
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 6 to 12 months of supervisory experience within the food service, retail or customer service industry, including profit and loss responsibility required.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must be able and willing to work flexible hours.
- Must have a food handler's certificate according to state or local requirements (may be obtained on-the-job).
- Must obtain food safety certification (on-the-job).
- Must be able to analyze and calculate data.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills required.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Basic business math and accounting skills required.
- Personal computer experience preferred.
- Acts in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner toward customers and co-workers at all times.
- Acts as a role model and upholds operational standards.
- Contributes to the daily workflow with regular and punctual attendance.
- Exerts a high degree of energy and drive to meet customer demands.
- Performs effectively and safely in an environment where there is constant change and minimal direct supervision.
- Presents a tidy appearance with good hygiene.
- Is able to make quick and appropriate decisions.
- Takes action to meet customer needs.
- Anticipates bottlenecks in service and acts to resolve them.
- Learns quickly.
- Communicates viewpoints and concerns to fellow employees and managers in a constructive manner. Is able to do so effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Understands and properly applies basic employment laws and regulations.
Physical requirements are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for up to 10 hours per shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds; constantly lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently push and pull up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, overhead lifting, and work on ladders required.
- Constant reaching and grasping required.
- Frequent bending, handling, fine manipulation and keying required.
- Repetitive use of both hands and feet required.