Mid-Columbia Medical Center in The Dalles, Oregon, is now seeking qualified applicants for our Administrative Assistant I position at Family Medicine Clinic.
This is a Full-Time position and qualifies for an excellent benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- 401k w/Employer Match
- Education Savings Fund w/Employer Match
And Much More!
Under general supervision, performs general and routine clerical functions in a medical clinic or clinical department in the hospital. Assists with administrative paperwork as delegated by clinical staff. May perform such duties as greeting, directing or escorting patients/customers, answering and handling telephone calls, scheduling appointments, data entry and working closely with internal and external contacts. May assist in facilitating work flow in the office/department, filing medical records, processing releases of medical information or data entry. Coordinates communication of nurses, physicians, patients/customers, relatives, visitors, and other departments as appropriate to assigned clinic or department.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- May be required to have CPR/BLS certification, depending upon assignment
- Minimum of one year office experience, preferably in health care. Preferred experience in one of the following areas: Patient Registration; Medical Records/Health Information; Clerical support experience; Insurance Verification/Authorization/Referrals
- May be required to know CPR/BLS certification depending upon assignment
- Familiar with computers (e.g. e-mail, commonly used software applications, intranet/internet); Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; Ability to work with confidential information; May require demonstrated 55 words per minute keyboarding skill; Ability to handle multi-lined telephone system.