Fortis School of Nursing located in Essington, Pa. has a current opening for a Clinical Coordinator. Fortis School of Nursing is affiliated with Education Affiliates a company with approximately 50 post-secondary schools nationwide, with over 20 of these locations offering nursing programs. These schools are known as Fortis College, Fortis Institute, Denver School of Nursing and St. Paul's School of Nursing. Our programs range from practical nursing to BSN degrees.
The Clinical Coordinator plans, schedules and assigns nursing students to each clinical rotation and provides on-going clinical faculty oversight to the clinical sites. This person is also responsible for the coordinating of clinical experiences, engaging in public relations activities to ensure that positive and professional working relationships are maintained with current clinical placement sites, actively seeking new clinical sites for future student placements and continuous improvement of scheduling and curriculum effectiveness. The Clinical Coordinator completes clinical call sheets when site visits occur that are logged into a Master Monthly Status Report to demonstrate ongoing oversight has occurred for the term. In addition, the Coordinator teaches in the nursing program as assigned by the Dean/Director of Nursing.
- Unencumbered state licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of one year of didactic or clinical nursing teaching experience.
- Current CPR certification as a health care provider.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
- An unencumbered driver's license.
- Auto insurance with a copy on file in the business office.
- Current clinical nursing knowledge and ongoing maintenance of clinical competency.
- Minimum of three years of recent clinical experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing, and through learning technologies such as computers and e-mail.
- Ability to work effectively with clinical agencies, staff, faculty, and students as a member of a team.