At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013, we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or "bags," depending on where you're from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
The Customer Advocate role is a unique combination of a few different things but long story short, you'll be the face of Carvana. Since Carvana's purchase process is entirely online, meeting you to receive their newly purchased vehicle will likely be the first time a customer has met a Carvana employee face-to-face! You'll have the freedom to go above and beyond to ensure our customers have an experience that doesn't suck and is completely one of a kind.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Delivering a uniquely special experience to each and every one of our customers. Minus the red suit, you'll pretty much be a real-life Santa Claus on a daily basis!
- A major part of this job is driving a kick-ass single-car hauler to get the customer's purchase delivered straight to their front door. You don't need a commercial driver's license to drive the hauler and don't worry, with a little training, you'll realize driving the hauler is a piece of cake.
- Not only will you be driving that kick-ass car hauler, but you will also be loading and unloading the customer's vehicle on and off of it (it's a quick and easy process, but it does require getting a little physical) and inspecting the car-hauler to ensure the vehicle maintains good maintenance and safe driving conditions.
- You'll be expected to prioritize safe driving and to maintain a clean driving record in accordance to Carvana's CMV Driver Qualification policy. Consistent, safe driving is crucial to this role!
- You will be accurately and efficiently completing customer paperwork as well as taking thorough notes in our customer tracking system. Again, don't worry, we'll train you on the paperwork, however you do need a natural eye for detail!
- You'll also be a team player by assisting other team members with various tasks as necessary.
- Like we mentioned, the Customer Advocate role is a unique combination of a few different things. So there likely will be other duties assigned too.
A QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE…
This position requires a sense of humor and a passion for the customer experience. We are looking for someone who is goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated. Required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Driver's License with a clean driving record for the past 3 years
- 2+ years of customer facing experience with a passion for creating memorable customer experiences
- Is a team player and has an understanding of the value of teamwork and how teams work
- Has a heightened sense of urgency, a strong attention to detail and is able to communicate our customer offerings in a clear and consistent manner
- Possess the energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines and find solutions
- Interest in working hard, being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
- Ability to pass a DOT physical, drug screen, and background check
- Must have (or be able to obtain) a Notary in your local jurisdiction within the first 90 days of employment (Process will be sponsored by Carvana)
- Illinois, Michigan and Louisiana employees must obtain a Chauffeur's license within the first two weeks of employment. (Process will be sponsored by Carvana.)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
WORK ENVIRONMENT This job operates in both indoor and outdoor conditions for extended amounts of time and may be exposed to inclement/extreme weather. We would never have employees work in extremely unsafe conditions (like a Sharknado), but you may get a tad toasty or wet from time to time. Likewise, some markets will require deliveries to be made in snow.
WORK REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS The work requirements and physical demands here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to walk/stand and sustain physical activity for extended periods of time (8+ hours)
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Requires high and low levels of movement with the ability to reach with arms, twist, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, and squat.
- Requires the grasping, carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling of items of 50lbs.
- Frequent driving requires excellent visual activity and manual dexterity. Reasonable accommodations may be granted to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants must pass a Department of Transportation screening process.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.