A Carter Lumber Kitchen Sales Representative is responsible for finding sales opportunities and completing sales with contractors, remodelers, and homeowners. This is accomplished by identifying target customers, making calls, visiting job sites and assisting customers in a timely and efficient manner with their projects and related product knowledge. Sales techniques, developing customers, following through with commitments and heavy communication are all components of this position. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
Requirements to be Considered for the Position:
- Demonstrated ability to design and sell to contractors and homeowners
- Excellent knowledge of kitchen and bath cabinetry, materials, finishes, and detailing
- Working knowledge of 20/20 and Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to read blueprints
- Can perform detail-oriented tasks in fast-paced working environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Strong math skills, able to calculate price quotes, discounts and percentages
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas both verbally and in writing
Responsibilities of the Position:
Sales & Relationship
- Identifies target customers, increases and maintains market share. Collects and keeps up-to-date information on customers' product use and trends. Services contractors by selling building materials and installed sales services. Determines appropriate credit program based on customer's needs. Meets and/or exceeds sales and profit goals by following up on sales leads, monitoring market trends and growing the positive reputation of the company. Ensures customer satisfaction by assisting with take-offs and communicating scheduling and delivery commitments.
- Keeps lines of communication open between the team members at the store and customers to ensure that service is accurate and timely.
Knowledge & Training
- Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities. Completes required orientation and safety training. Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan