We believe people's lives are made better by having the right resources to inform their biggest life decisions. Niche is the best place to research U.S. colleges, schools, neighborhoods, and companies. Every month millions of people use our easy-to-read and comprehensive reports cards, rankings, and reviews to choose the right schools, neighborhoods, and companies for them.
Niche is all about finding where you fit in and that mission inspires how we operate every day in our office. On top of that, we want Niche to be a place people truly enjoy working.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to help manage and create an efficient and fast-paced IT architecture and software development environment. You'll be tasked with maintaining the stability, security, and innovation in Niche.com's existing IT infrastructure as well as the planning and development of new systems.
What You Will Do
During the 1st Month:
- Collaborate with various team members to learn about how your role fits within the team and all departments within Niche
- Shadow Infrastructure team members to learn more about our technologies, the products we support, and your areas of responsibility
Within 3 Months:
- Assume responsibility for local infrastructure systems such as office networking, communication systems, etc.
- Grow towards becoming the point person for internal IT-related issues, scaling knowledge and responsibility as the team grows
Within 6 Months:
- Be able to support and triage issues for all business systems, excluding the cloud and software development environments
- Help analyze dashboard, logs, and other monitoring systems to help identify potential issues related to performance, stability, and security in our office and cloud environments
Within 12 Months:
- You will be able to strategize and contribute to decision making on how to improve our technologies and better ways to support our growing team
- Become familiar with the software development lifecycle and begin contributing new systems and code
- Begin supporting our various cloud and software development environments
What We Are Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in a technology profession focused on IT technology support.
- Maintain all aspects of our large office IT infrastructure and plan for upgrades and improvements that scale with the organization
- Provide support to developers and operations staff and perform root-cause-analysis of equipment, system and process failures
- Analyze data in monitoring and logging systems to detect trends in application performance and network traffic; enabling us to react quickly to live issues while also working proactively to avoid problems
- Design automated solutions to eliminate moderately complex technical and business problems
- Communicate important information and updates to the whole organization using clear and easy to follow language and examples
- Ability to be flexible and focused in a fast-paced environment and a strong desire to learn and experiment with new technologies
- Full time, salaried position with competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health plan, including vision and dental, provided at no cost to the employee
- 20 PTO days, 10 Paid Holidays and 3 Volunteer Days Off per year
- Parental leave
- Stock options and 401(k)
- Your ideas and work will make an immediate impact on our company and millions of users
Niche will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future for this opening.
Candidates only. No recruiters or agencies, please. All of our open positions are located in our Pittsburgh, PA office. Sorry, we do not offer relocation assistance.
Niche is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.