Performs nursing services requiring the application of the biological, physical, and social sciences, and nursing skills in the care of the terminally ill. Plans coordinated services to individuals and their families. Works in an interdisciplinary relationship with other members of the Corporation's staff and core members of the hospice team to assure delivery of high quality nursing service in accordance with an established Plan of Care with physician, client, and family and with the Corporation's Programs and Policies.Communicates specific needs to oncall RN's and other health care workers as needed. Overall responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a complete health assessment.
- Effectively analyzes situations, develops goals and Plans of Care.
- Implements Plans of Care.
- Evaluates effectiveness of Plans.
- Reassesses health care needs on an ongoing basis.
- Advocates for client in obtaining needed services
- Develops plan for end of life care
- Graduation from a State accredited Nursing Program and valid license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania.
- Ability to cope with occupational hazards such as exposure to contagious diseases, extreme weather conditions, domestic pets and dilapidated residences.
- Experience utilizing a laptop and/or personal computer, preferred.
- Knowledge of hospice specialized care demonstrated by work history in one of the following:
- At least 2 years of oncology nursing.
- Past experience in hospice homecare of at least 1 year.
- Care of terminally ill clients in an institution (i.e. hospital, ECF) within the past year.