Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Oncology Discovery – Immuno-Oncology, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
As a Senior Associate Scientist within Immuno-Oncology, Oncology Discovery responsibilities will include:
- Support Oncology discovery and Translational research by providing flow cytometry expertise.
- Perform daily instrument set-up of up to 20 BD Diva based flow cytometers and 4 BD cell sorters. Monitor all calibration results to ensure optimal performance and maintain appropriate instrument configurations
- Perform all preventative maintenance activities for instruments and computers, including scheduling and maintenance of service contracts, database back-up, quarterly data transfer/sample disposal, collaboration with IT for computer upgrades and maintaining network access and data share accessibility.
- Aid users in troubleshooting to minimize instrument downtime and need for service calls. Resolve common issues as appropriate, communicate any ongoing issues to users and update calendars as required.
- Perform cell sorting services by request for all non-trained employees. Provide instrument set-up and additional troubleshooting for all trained employees.
- Train all new users on flow core rules and regulations
- Stock all fluids, parts, consumables, and frequently used reagents
- Establish and manage user calendars for each instrument.
- Support all groups as needed with advanced assay/panel design, compensation set-up or issues, and flow data analysis using FlowJo and Cytobank
- Maintain detailed and organized experimental records and stay compliant on all relevant internal and external training requirements
- Process tissue (blood, lymph nodes, tumor, prostate, lung, muscle, spleen, and thymus) to single cell suspension for analysis of immune, tumor, and/or stromal cells by Flow cytometry or other biological methods to support IO efforts
- Stain and characterize both primary immune cell populations and cell lines by multiparameter (8-16 colors) flow cytometry
- Remain up-to-date on the latest flow cytometry trends, assays, and reagents to share across the department.
- Recommend additional training/host relevant speakers to individuals or department as needed.
- Develop and present summaries of data and recommendations
- A minimum of a BS Degree with a minimum of four years' experience or an MS with two years' working with flow cytometers in industry or an academic setting is required
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry including compensation is required
- Experience with troubleshooting BD flow cytometer instrument and software issues is required.
- Experience with FACS (cell sorting) is preferred. Ability to travel to attend specific trainings as needed.
- Experience in design and interpretation of cell-based assays/experiments to interrogate questions in Immunology and oncology is preferred
- Experience with receptor density determination is preferred
- Experience with aseptic technique, cell culture and basic immunogenicity assays is preferred
- Experience with in vivo models of tumor biology, tissue processing, and subsequent flow cytometry is preferred
- Excellent communication/collaboration skills are essential including; interfacing with group leaders, lab managers, and upper management to ensure that instruments are in working order and project priorities are being met is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)