JOB TITLE: Scheduler
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for scheduling 30-50 cases per day and will liaise with a number of referring doctors' offices. He/She will be an integral part of our Front Desk Team and will be valued as a key member of our organization.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Office Manager
- Counseling patients and scheduling surgeries for multiple physicians.
- Schedule surgeries and work with physician's offices on a daily basis to ensure each patient has their history and physicals completed prior to surgery.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for each procedure on the physicians' schedule.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and working with a diverse patient population.
- Provide back up support for the Front Office as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
- High School
- 2 years of previous experience scheduling appointments and/or surgeries
- Experience with insurance
- Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of managed care contracts and utilization.
- Knowledge of computer systems, programs and spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and be familiar with scheduling software.
- Skill in gathering and reporting claim information.
- Skill in solving utilization problems.
- Skill in written and verbal communication and customer relations.
- Experience in a medical office as a scheduler.
- Fast and accurate data entry.
- Service oriented, patient demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively, and deliver results.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively with medical staff and external agencies.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to deal courteously and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal busy office environment with much telephone work. Occasional evening or weekend work.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.