Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson's famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse's takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse's solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures. Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we're passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are
This full-time position will be part of the logistics, eCommerce, and hardware devices team within the Technical Operations Department at Virgin Pulse. You will be responsible for the monitoring, coordinating, and improving our warehousing fulfillment operations. You will work cross functionally among Supply Chain, Purchasing, Warehousing, Quality Control, Logistics, Freight, and Customer Services.
In the role of Manager, Distribution & Logistics you will wear many hats but your attention will be crucial in the following;
- Improve Virgin Pulse's domestic and international shipping processes
- Oversight for all Third-Party Labor (3PL) contractor activities, including contract management, operations and converting support, maintenance, and material handling/shipping.
- Collaborate with other teams to implement effective systems
- Identify risks, issues, and make recommendations to business leadership.
- Coordinate with finance, product, and sales teams; manage inventory, forecasting, and create reports for leadership.
- Ensure compliance of domestic and international regulatory standards
- Being a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Virgin Pulse's Customer Service and other internal teams
- Provide recommendations for improvement on all of the manual processes
- Leverage and analyze logistics data, drive gap analysis and lead improvement.
- Review orders placed through the eCommerce store, and internal purchase orders on a regular basis to ensure orders are sent correctly to the fulfillment warehouse and processed as required
- Be or become an international shipping specialist
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What you bring to the team.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and organization skills, a team player.
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint. and Outlook.
- Knowledge of eCommerce platforms such as NopCommerce and Shopify preferred
- Must have positive and can-do attitude, attention to details, creative thinking, and strong problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of supply chain processes and financial data analysis
- Proven experience in creating management reports, business correspondence, and written procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of XML files and Electronic File Transfer processes preferred
- Knowledge of international commerce terms and harmonized tariff codes preferred
- Ability to work with multiple 3rdparty logistics, shippers, vendors, and suppliers.
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Self motivation and ability to manage competing priorities; must be able to multi task and get things done in a fast paced while under pressure and changing environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience dedicated to supply chain or logistics
- A college or relevant degree with qualified experience.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.