- Empower Software (troubleshooting, custom calculations, method report writing)
- UPLC (type of HPLC)
- large molecule experience / biotech (proteins, antibodies)
- Understands when to seek input and when to make independent judgments
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- training staff in the laboratory
- reviewing datasets
- With minimal supervision, plans, conducts or monitors experiments, records and organizes data, analyses results, generates robust and reliable data. Ensures that contracted studies are conducted in compliance with the respective protocol and applicable guidelines and regulations.
Responsibilities include: Monitors or follows established experimental design and protocols and performs routine tasks and studies to obtain reproducible and reliable results with limited supervision. Plans, monitors or conducts, analyzes and records experiments, and provides interpretation of data. Effectively transfers experimental methods from literature to the lab and makes modifications as necessary. Develops and implements new protocols with moderate review. Engages coworkers in scientific discussions. Communicates data and interpretation to work group Skilled at developing systems to ensure quality data. Skilled and/or knowledgeable in the use of standard laboratory equipment and with one or more major laboratory instruments/techniques. Effectively trouble-shoots equipment and experimental difficulties. Contributes to internal/external reports, papers, presentations, regulatory documents, invention disclosure submissions and/or patents. Participates in department-wide support efforts such as safety, recruiting and committees. Coordinates and organizes resources needed to complete the task. Understands when to seek input and when to make independent judgments;
Skills: ; degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Analytical Chemistry; experience in a Biopharmaceutical working environment
***may potentially train others in the role***
"This posting is for Contingent Worker, not an FTE"